Howdy, y’all! If you haven’t checked your calendar lately, we have a big, BIG ride weekend coming up in a few days. Heck, it’s so big we have to start it Friday. Here’s a schedule of events, all in one news post for your convenience:
Friday, Oct. 8: Bike MS: Valero Expo at the Alamodome
4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Parking in lot B – $5
The Expo is the last opportunity to pick up your rider’s packet and turn in fundraising pledges before the ride. Other reasons to attend:
- $10 Pasta Dinner. 4 – 9 p.m.
- Representatives from the Bike Master Plan will provide an update on San Antonio’s Bike Master Plan. 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Annual Best Team Jersey Contest. 7 p.m.
- Visit your favorite bike shop booth for gear and last-minute bike inspections.
- Bike Compound. Leave your bike in our secure bike compound Friday night and pick it up Saturday morning before the ride.
- Shuttle service to hotels on shuttle route. 5 – 9 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 9: Day 1 Start Line at the Alamodome
- Free parking in Lot B. Lot opens at 5:30 a.m. Vehicles can be left at the Alamodome until Sunday. Security will patrol the lot.
- Shuttle service from select hotels on the shuttle route begins at 5:30 a.m. and ends at 8 a.m.
- Ride starts at 8 a.m.
- Century Route closes at 2:30 p.m.
Saturday Overnight, Comal County Fair Grounds
Things to check out at the Overnight:
- The Bubble Bistro. The Bubble Bistro is a cool place for people with MS to sit and cheer on cyclists as they cross the finish line each day.
- Free dinner from for all registered riders. 4-9 p.m.
- Team Karaoke Contest. 4 -7 p.m. For more details or to register your team call Lisa Shaw at 210-694-3229.
- Autographed Clay Walker Guitar Drawing for those who raised $1,000 by Oct. 8
- Live Music from the High Octane Band, sponsored by Valero. 7-9 p.m.
- Sampling from Starbucks, Pure Protein and Goya
- Official Bike MS: Valero merchandise will be sold.
- Shuttle Service to select hotels on shuttle route. 2-9 p.m.
- Massage Therapists
Sunday, Oct. 10, Day 2 Start Line, Comal County Fair Grounds
- Shuttle service from select hotels on shuttle route begins at 5:30 a.m.
- Coffee sponsored by Starbucks.
- Breakfast, sponsored by Tesoro, will be served from 5:30 – 8 a.m.
- San Antonio Express-News papers available.
- Ride begins at 7:30 a.m.
Finish Line, Alamodome
- Air-Conditioned Finish!
- Received your Finish Line Pin at the Bubble Bistro!
- Massage Therapists
- Free Finish Line meal for registered riders